Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Happenings

I love the weekends. 
Friday is truly one of the best days of the week. 
This Friday just happened to be a great one for me {more on that later this week}.

To start our weekend off Dan and I went and tried on suits for him to wear on our wedding day. Utah just opened a new mall {City Creek} so we were there for a while browsing around---and found his suit at Macy's. We headed to our favorite Chinese food restaurant after that {we had a lot of celebrating to do}.
Oh. I almost forgot! 
Dan speaks Spanish. I usually don't remember that he does because he never speaks it, BUT on Friday we had to go change a few of my flower decisions and add some more center pieces. Well at the time the ladies that were working all spoke Spanish. I don't speak Spanish. So we weren't quite on the same page. Then all of a sudden Dan pops into the conversation and handles the entire thing. He saved the day & possibly our wedding day:)

This post is going to be all over the place and I don't have any pictures to even make it fun. Oh well.

Anyways. My sister {check her out} has started re-doing furniture and selling it. She's been quite successful at it, so on Saturday's she likes to hit up garage sales. As she was doing that Dan and I happened to come across a FREE table {we are in need of a table} so Meghan came and picked it up for us and then we went and got another free piece of furniture for her. I started re-doing the table last night and it's going to be awesome. I'm so-ooooo excited for it. I'm already planning a before&after post!

Then afterwards we all went and ate Mexican food for Cinco De Mayo. Utah just opened Los Cucos--it's a restaurant from Houston, Texas and honestly it is the besstttt Mexican food that Utah has to offer. {Thank you Sherron for keeping me updated on this place}. 

That about wraps up my weekend happenings. Dan goes to Texas tomorrow for a week, so I'll be back with some news and a re-done table. 

Keepcalm.Carryon 

3 comments:

  1. We love that you're loving Los Cucos! So excited for your big day...now just WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that your big day is coming up this quickly. I'm stoked for you! Pictures. Lots of them. That's an order.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GOT A FREE TABLE!! We need a new one too! We need to go garage sale hunting! You obviously know the better places than I do.

    ReplyDelete