Monday, December 5, 2011

Car Accident

I was in an accident on Friday. 
I fractured my pelvis in 2 places. The police said that I'm lucky.
I'm lucky. The people that I'm surrounded by make me feel ever more lucky.
{Flowers from Kelsey}
My sister and Jon {aka best brother-in-law ever} dropped everything Friday to rush to the hospital.
They have helped me in whatever ways I needed them.
Meghan even offered to give me a sponge bath:)
I can't thank them enough.

Dan has not left my side. He set his alarm every 4 hours through the night to wake up, feed me, and give me medicine. He has listened to my every demand, arranged my pillows over and over again, and helped me get out of bed to crutch to the bathroom. He never complained or got annoyed.
{and we all know that I was more than a little annoying}
He even told me I looked pretty this morning after I showered. 

Kelsey and Katie spent their Saturday night laying in bed with me, keeping me company.
They each brought me goodies to make me smile and keep me busy while I'm bed ridden. 
I've gotten phone calls and text messages from all my family and friends making sure I'm okay and just to tell me they love me.

Even though I don't remember anything from Friday. I will always remember how lucky I am to be surrounded by people that truly love me. I will be forever grateful for every s.i.n.g.l.e one of you.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

keepcalm.carryon

16 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are okay! Please get well soon. :) Love you!


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so glad you are ok!! Kelsey was keepin me updated and I'm glad that you are doing well and surrounded by such wonderful people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Similar to everyone else, I am super relieved to hear that you're alright! I'm also glad you have such a supporting group to take care of you. Get well soon, Ally!

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness gracious! I can't believe something like that happened. Please make a full recovery!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I am so glad you are OKAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ally I am so sorry you broke your pelvis! My mom has done that and she says its the worst pain ever, so I am so sorry you have to deal with that! I hope you get better soon. And I too am glad everyone is taking care of you, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about you. I hope that you heal quickly and get back on your feet. I am glad you have so many great people to take care of you. Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came to see you drugged up. Really didn't get to see it though.
    I am glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what.the.heck?!?!?! ALLY!!!! i'm glad to hear that you're doing okay and were able to make it to the couch for the kardashians. :) you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ally I feel so awful for you! Who hit you I will kill them...seriously. Let me know when you are feeling up to a visit and I will come and give you some love:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH that is crazy!!! I am so sorry! I hope you get better soon! You must watch lots of reality tv (Gossip Girl types), make people give you pedicures/manicures, and eat lots of cookie dough ice cream! Prayers!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my word. I am so glad you're okay! What can I do for you! Seriously, I know right now we're only blog buddies but if you need anything! Let me know please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! SO scary. You are definitely very lucky! But I'm so sorry this happened to you! I hope you heal asap and have no complications!
    And I'm SO glad you're surrounded by so many that LOVE you :)
    You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Ally! I got a little bit teary eyed reading about your accident... Car accidents are the scariest thing. You are very lucky, especially to have such great friends and family who love you so much and are helping you so much! I'll pray for your recovery to be as quick and painless as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ally! You are not allowed to get into car accidents.....what were you thinking? I hateit when I am reminded of the tender fragility of life. I'm relieved to hear you will be alright. Your poor mother!!!! Get better soon, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man! How scary! I'm glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete