Monday, October 17, 2011

Wordywordywords.

During the week instead of listening to music while I get ready for school, 
I've been listening to {this}. Today was {this}
This has helped me so much--really. It really has changed my perspective and 
sometimes our perspectives really need to change. 

I'm sure something can happen everyday that can get each of us down.
We constantly compare ourselves to what we can be.
We let people's words and opinions get the best of us.
Our alarm clocks go off to early.
The weather isn't exactly how we want it to be.
Our hair is too short--our outfit isn't new.

But does any of that really matter?

I'll tell you what matters to me.
The Gospel. 
My relationship with my family.
My friends.
The students I teach.

What matters to you? How has your perspective of life changed lately?
How have you been inspired lately? Or do you need be inspired?

Just remember:
"It's better to look up"
Keepcalm.Carryon. 




4 comments:

  1. I listened to that talk two days ago! Crazy. Ever since you mention Kelsey listening to talks in the morning I have been trying to do that too. I loved this talk! Makes crappy days a lot easier to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally!

    The message you have in this post, was a really great one. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    P.S. I hope you don't think this is creepy, but I had a dream that we met in real-life! It was at a blogger get-together, and you were wearing this really cute dark blue/turquoise tunic with little black designs all over it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I love this post. And you. See ya tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love everything about this post and needed to hear this tonight.. so THANK YOU THANK YOU Miss Ally!!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete