I told ya'll I had a surprise.
Here it is--my first guest blogger. ever.
Dear Bloggerdom-
I'd like to introduce myself- My name is Dan.
I'm today's guest blogger on Ally's Blog. I know, I know- you might have heard some stuff about me- but just don't believe everything the lady friend says...
I mean, I'm sure it's all good stuff, but come on- I really can't be that great, right?
A few things I want to cover:
1. A little more about me.
2. How Ally and I met.
1. I am originally from Texas. Born and raised there- I love it. I grew up in the suburbs to the southeast of Houston. (Ally will tell you that I'm from some ghetto and that she has rescued me- but don't believe anything she says.) I'm studying Architecture and Construction at BYU-Idaho right now- and looking to transfer and study Urban Planning and will hopefully go on to do Real Estate Development. Hopefully I'll be the next Donald Trump? Complete with the bad toupee! How hot would that be?
I have a mother, father and one brother with a packaged deal that now includes a sister in law and an 8 month old nephew.. He's the cutest!
2. So this past winter I decided to come back up to school at BYU-Idaho after a semester in hiatus down in Texas. I moved in with the strangest people. They were loud, boisterous, and obnoxious to say the least (kidding; they weren't really that bad- I just needed good words for dramatic effect). On top of this all, they had even louder friends that were girls. There were two in particular that I kind of knew- Kelsey and Ally.
Now let's get one thing straight here- I was friends with Kelsey first. As I recall (and Ally will counter this with a dramatic story involving phones and struts- but that's for another day) Kelsey would always say hi to me and be super nice.
But little miss Ally never batted an eye at me.
One time she told me that one of my favorite flavors of BlueBell Ice Cream was "Freaky." I was offended. At first I thought, dang, this girl is not nice. But hey, I needed light bulbs so I would visit her in the office of the apartment complex. We became good friends. Really good friends. Rumors flew. We both shrugged it off. We had a great friendship hanging out all semester-
I would bring her and Kelsey snacks on a regular basis at 1am.
I might have found myself thinking of her in checkout lines and picking her up some Rice Crispy treats.
A couple of times Facebook status' got changed- can't confirm that was me, nor deny it. Whops.
We might have had times of delirium with helium and laughing the night away.
I might have eaten whole jars of her pickles when she wasn't home or looking.
I was introduced to the world of blogging.
Then the end of the semester came- it was hard saying goodbye. We might have found ourselves talking on the phone for an extended period of time. Then we really had to part ways. She went to Vegas- held hands with one of my old roommates (in a completely plutonic way). I hated that. The phone calls continued even during Vegas. Then I fessed up about my mini-crush..............
The rest is history
In the making...
I found this quite funny. Maybe ya'll did too? What Dan went around the bush saying is he pretty much thought I was a B. For real.
I like to think I kinda am. It's like alter ego.
Fact is I am sooooooo nice.
Go check Dan out over at WordPress. {lame}
Vacation is wonderful.
I introduced my cousins to the game "Murder in the Dark."
{maybe I'm trying to become alpha dog of the cousins}
We play it for hours--accidents have occurred.
Best Quote though "I'm a really good murderer."
I hope I didn't really introduce them into the life of being an actual murder..
Keepcalm.Carryon
I found this quite funny. Maybe ya'll did too? What Dan went around the bush saying is he pretty much thought I was a B. For real.
I like to think I kinda am. It's like alter ego.
Fact is I am sooooooo nice.
Go check Dan out over at WordPress. {lame}
Vacation is wonderful.
I introduced my cousins to the game "Murder in the Dark."
{maybe I'm trying to become alpha dog of the cousins}
We play it for hours--accidents have occurred.
Best Quote though "I'm a really good murderer."
I hope I didn't really introduce them into the life of being an actual murder..
Keepcalm.Carryon
Oh my goodness! HILARIOUS! I love this so much. :) I can't wait to be BFF's! :D Seriously. Oh, and I don't know if Murder in the Dark is the same as Mafia... But if it is, you better watch out! Because I am Queen.
ReplyDeleteLove it. Love him. Ally, we should chat sometime.
ReplyDeleteThis is cute. It is always the BEST to see both sides of the story. Thanks for sharing Dan!
ReplyDeletethe story of how you and dan met, and his mini crush = too cute. you guys are both witty, and super funny. :)
ReplyDeletecutest couple i have read about on a blog? i think so!
XO,
SSDS
Um ok this is the cutest thing ever. I love those memories he listed of our nights of helium, and the epic "whops" incident. Y'alls story is so cute and y'all are probably my most favorite couple ever. I love you both and am so happy for y'all. This blog post was so great. Oh and Ally, you aren't a B, but you have found your inner B.A.at the most appropriate times :)
ReplyDeletelove you girl! Have fun on the rest of vacation. I'm sure you don't have to even try to be the cool cousin, you are the coolest!
Love this. Dan did a decent job, but i wanted more juice on what he thought. He was WAY to nice!
ReplyDelete