Thursday, March 10, 2011

As of Lately

I'm in the middle of re-doing my blog.
It takes a lot more time than it should. I just need something new, ya know?

So today, I was determined to be beyond REAL on my blog.
I feel like most bloggers only blog about the good things that happen in their lives, which is great because usually we need to focus on the good things.
At the same time, this is my blog. I write about what I want to write about whether its good or bad--I want to document that. I want it to be known that I have bad days, I'm not perfect, I can be judgmental, I can gossip, and  I can even throw out a cuss word or two {sorry mom&dad}. For the past couple months, I have had a hard time. My emotions have been all over the place, I've been beyond furious to completely sad. To me the hardest part about my situation as of lately is that no matter what I'm the bad person. Do you recall when you were younger and your parents would always say...
"There's two parts of every story"
That statement has never been so real to me than it is today.
There truly is two parts to every story.

Moral of this blog post:
Katie's blog post changed my heart--Thanks Katie.
Today, you made me a better person by having me step back and look for the good things and to realize that I have so much to be grateful for.

Keepcalm.Carryon
ps. Stay tuned for my Friday Vlog

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this post! I feel like the more followers I get, the more I censor what I write about. But it is important to be real. Thanks for that! I can't wait to see the progress of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to everything you said. You rock Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about only posting about the good things, but I think some bloggers (like you in this post) manage to post about hardships in a very thoughtful way. It's a lot more deep and thought-provoking that just whining about something, you know? And that's nice to read sometimes.

    Hope your things pick up soon!

    ReplyDelete