It's the one day that I don't have anything to do before 10:15 and I'm done by 12:15.
I even got 9 hours of sleep last night. My body is in shock.
Yesterday was an off day for me.
I didn't know why, I just needed a "snow" day.
So, I officially declared it a snow day and skipped a few classes.
Sorry mom and dad:)
I did however attend a forum on campus with my roommate.
She got extra credit if she brought a friend.
It was also for Business and Communication Majors, I was totally out of place.
But it was probably the most influencing talk that I've heard in a while.
He talked about 3 things that will be the only things that really matter in our lives.
1. Have I contributed to the world?
2. Am I a good person?
3. Who do I love and who loves me?
Am I a good person?
That stuck out to me and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind.
He told us that we need to make a list of our "I will never".
Write down everything we stand for and believe. The minute we cross one of our "I will never" is the minute we need to step back and reconsider what we are doing with our lives. I want to believe that I am a good person, but I have my faults and flaws. I am in no way perfect, nor do I want people to think I am. I think about times where I've lost people I love and cared for, but the fact is I stood up for what I believed and for my standards. It was hard, but I know that situations that are hard shape us to be who we are. They shape us to be good people. Stand up for what you believe and don't ever second guess yourself.
okayokayokay...
I bet your wondering what my "Special Announcement" is?
(Drum Roll Please)
I'm going to be an...
AUNT:) x2
My brother's girlfriend is expecting a baby boy in March.
and
I hear being an aunt is the most wonderful thing ever.
I'm going to be spending next fall in SLC so I will be able to spoil my nephew to death.
I love babies! I'm so happy for my both my sister&jon and my brother.
keepcalm.carryon
oh my goodness! congratulations on being an aunt x2!! i love babies too. though, the only way i could ever be an aunt is through marriage. i'm an only child. :( lol!
ReplyDeleteXO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
So inspirational. And yes, being an aunt it the best. You just have to make sure you are and will forever be, the favorite aunt.
ReplyDelete