Saturday, May 1, 2010

My top ten.

REXBURG:
Top 10 Things I Love

  1.  The town/school is so small that NO MATTER what somebody knows somebody. Therefore don't try to be mysterious. Its useless.
  2. By the time a semester ends you are always dying to get out of this town, but no matter how ready you are or how awesome your vacation was the minute you see the temple, you feel like your home. I don't know what it is, but as you drive up the hill and drive by the beautiful Rexburg Temple that is always glowing, you get the calming feeling that you will be able to conquer yet another semester. And everything will be okay
  3. My Friends. I can't leave them out. Somedays, well actually most, they keep me sane. People may think we're weird because we walk in single file lines (walking with the same foot) or wrap scarfs around our faces to keep us warm because its SO cold. I love them though and all the memories that I have with them. 
  4. Living at the top of the hill. We have the best view, really. The hill is hard thing to hike up though. You will rarely see me walking up it and by rarely, I mean never. due to the lack of oxygen, its just not healthy for my lungs.
  5. The Weather. It is what causes people's love/hate relationship with Rexburg. The winter brings season depression, the summer brings smiles, and the wind just makes your curse:) 
  6. Stalking. Don't take this literally. But in reality you should be flattered, right Rachel?
  7. Horkleys. Sometimes it's the most social place in Rexburg. I have been there many times before 9am even. The workers know your name and always ask how you are doing. They always have a "weekly quote", which is usually really inspiring. Also, one of my best friends CBarker is currently wanted by a horkley's worker. Sexy.
  8. The green farm land. I love summer here, everyone is so happy. And I always want to play in those huge sprinkler systems that they use to water the farm land. Looks so fun. Bucket list maybe?
  9. 3rd floor of the library. I really hate going there, but it is so entertaining. It's the floor that you don't really actually study...weird right? You chat, flirt, people watch...really anything you can think of besides studying. I usually study when I'm there, but I get distracted quite a lot. 
  10. Knowing that Rexburg, Idaho is my home away from home
Well, there it is, my top 10 things I love about Rexburg. I created this list while sitting in my science class today. I'm trying to pay attention in class, but for some reason its impossible. Probably because our teacher allows us to bring lunch since the class is from 11:30-1:30, but I never actually bring a lunch, so I get jealous of all the girls chowing down on their Chinese food or subway sandwiches. She should really ban the whole food thing. 

Another random thought, you know how on the first day of school all your teachers do this whole speech:
"Well this is a 3 hour class, so you will be spending at least 6 hours outside of class working/studying for this class."
Well, I never believed that statement until this semester. Pray I make it. 
(I'm being completely seriously.)

KeepCalm.CarryOn

No comments:

Post a Comment