Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mhello.

An update on my life:

As an apartment we are trying to be more social. It is hysterical. Mainly because we really love each other and have spent so much time together that adding new people into the mix is absolutely hilarious. We just went to dinner with some people in our ward and I laughed for 99% of the time. Mainly because Rachel is hysterical (www.loveiiinatrashcan.blogspot.com). Read her blog. You will not regret it. 

Anyways,
By next Wednesday I will need to take 5 test, 3 math quizzes, teach one lesson on compound words, write 2 papers, complete 2 art projects, and keep on top of all the other daily assignments that I am assigned. I have a ton to do/study for, yet I'm blogging. I decided this week to set "weekly goals" and keep them in my daily planner so I am reminded about them...pretty much every hour. I was surprised to see how much I actually accomplished between Monday and Tuesday. I did do homework constantly, but I had a better plan of what I was going to do and when it needed to be completed. Lets hope this pattern continues throughout the semester. I really actually am enjoying all my classes, even though I'm really busy, I'm learning so much. The thing I hate is that as I am locked in my room right now, I can hear the conversation and laughing in the living room and it kills me that I'm not out there with them. Seriously, KILLS ME

Two things that have really made me think this week are: the new mormon message on youtube called "My New Life". Stephanie Nielson, who is featured in the video, has a blog that I have been reading for over a year. She is the most inspiring women. Watch her video. Now. Also, I was walking through campus today after an incident that I do not wish to blog about and saw this quote, that was posted above some swings in the gardens: "While in the pursuit of happiness, one should stop and just be happy". I love it. It honestly just made me stop and think about all the reasons I should have a smile on my face. Of course I'm busy, homesick, tired, missing someone, and stressed, but in the pursuit of life I really just need to stop and be happy. Life is happy and we all should remember that. 

Also, waking up every morning to my OLDER sister (everyone thinks I'm older.gay) is awesome. Just having her here makes me so happy. Just thought I would let her know that:) love ya megh.

KeepCalm&CarryOn.

No comments:

Post a Comment