Most people know I go to BYU-Idaho, which when you apply to go to school here and get accepted you sign something called the Honor Code. The honor code is just simple rules to live by and make you a better person. Some people can think its insane for a 22 year old to have a curfew or to not be able to wear shorts on campus, but before we come to school here we know the rules and guidelines. Just recently, the honor code has been bought up a ton in my life and I decided that I needed to reevaluate where I stand concerning the honor code.
But first, lets make it clear: I live by the honor code and I don't feel like it is keeping me from having fun or making the best out of my college career, but I do think that sometimes or even most times I am really relaxed when it comes to certain areas. Like, curfew for instance. I really don't have a problem with curfew at all, but if I'm not home at exactly 12am...I'm not the one to really care. When in reality, maybe I need to care. I am aware of all the little things that make up the honor code and I know that by breaking those you will eventually break the big ones.
I think maybe we all just need to look at the big picture and realize that these rules are set in place to make us better people.
So, I have just decided to have a better attitude about all things. Honor code, roommates, family, friends, school, life.
"Breath. Let Go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have forsure."
keepcalm.carryon.
I love that last quote.
ReplyDelete