Monday, December 7, 2009

Grateful.

I want to start off by saying, that I'm sitting here drinking a wonderful cup of hot chocolate and listening to "Carrie Underwood's Holiday Special". Life really is good.

Yesterday at church, we had a really great lesson on building your own testimony, service, and going through trials. We watched this video, which I have seen a couple times before this lesson and really want to share it with everyone:
Its amazing.
Also, I follow this blog, http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/, this blog has made me grateful for my life. Even on the days that I am having a hard time, it makes me realize that I really am lucky. Read it and love it. She has an amazing story. And most of the time, I will cry my way through her post....from laughing or from feeling her pain as she tells the world her story of having a second chance at life. I hope I can be half the mom that she is to her children.
I also recieved this quote and love it. Enjoy.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt on my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
-Margorie Pay Hinckley
Sometimes, you just need a little 45 minute lesson to make your realize that there is more important things in life than yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment