Friday, August 21, 2009

Lately...

Hey Y'all

Life has gotten a little crazy lately, well actually...not really. I just have a job now (finally)...so I consider myself busy. But this is my actual first "full time" job, which makes for very early nights. I think I am going to have to have a set bedtime for myself just so I can make it through the days.

I bet ya'll are all wondering, where the heck is this girl working?!!
WELL....
I am currently the new Lead Teacher for 12month old-18months old at the Goddard School for Early Childhood Education.
And let me tell ya'll, they may drive me to drink. Let me give ya'll a short bio of all my students:

Beau- HUGE 1 year old, who I believe considers himself as superman. He enjoys jumping off anything high-and he usually doesn't land on his feet.
Myla- shes our biter. Seriously, I don't even mess with her. Oh, and she is also the cutest thing ever. 
Allison- Red Head. Enough said.
Will- Doesn't walk yet and loves to cry. Lets just said, he is on my hip all day long.
Kylie- Adorable. Seriously, if all the kids were like her...life would be good.
Asher- Organic. Everything he eats is organic and his diapers are even organic. So weird.

School starts on Monday, so I will actually get a few more students, I'll keep ya'll posted. And I can tell ya'll one thing I have learned: I am prolonging motherhood for as long as possible. It may not sound like it, but I do enjoy my job. It is teaching me things that I will need to know in the future as a mother and as a teacher. Even though sometimes the kids drive me nuts, I can't help but love each one of them. especially when they are sound asleep for their daily naps:). I know that in January when I head back to Rexburg for school, I will miss them. Our attachments have already formed. Plus, I get to watch these babies development their personalities, some I will see say their first work or take their first steps. So needless to say, I love my job and my students, but I will also love and take full advantage of all the weekends to come. 

by the way: why do people wear khakis when they don't have to? I hate Khakis. I think they are horrible. Just throwing that out there. 


2 comments:

  1. ew yeah khakis are so sick!! and im proud of you little sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last comment was my most fav. "Just throwin it out there." Working there will help you be a better mom and have more patience!!!!!

    ReplyDelete