After reading my sister's blog post about being honest/truthful/not having regrets (www.meg92785.blogspot.com). It made me think a little, really when we are honest with our friends and family things work out the way you want them to and the way they are suppose to be. I have this person (trying to reframe from using the title "stalker") who for some reason might know more about myself than I do. When he first came into my life, I thought it was really no big deal, but more recently I have received text messages from him saying that "I take his breath away". How the heck do you really take someone's breath away, especially when you have only had 2-3 conversations with them EVER. Anyways, I could of ignored him or came up with some excuse of why I don't talk to him, but I decided to just tell him I am just not interested in him and that I never will be. As mean as that sounds it was what I felt and still feel. There is no regret in my decision to tell him the truth. Did what I say hurt him? I have no idea, but I do know that he knows how I feel without a doubt and that makes me feel good.
Then last night, as I was reading Miley Cyrus's twitter:
"I hope that you get this message that I'm leaving for you. I hate that you left without hearing the words that I needed you to."
And felt a pang of regret.
When I left Rexburg at the end of July and headed my way to Texas...I left things with a friend unsaid and to this day I hate it. Honestly lately, I have forgotten (or at least tried), but little things every once in awhile remind me of him. I regret not being able to express my feelings to him because I never have had a problem with telling him how I felt anytime for this. I guess when it comes to my heart, I am a little more reserved, but I think I would take being heartbroken for a short while then not knowing at all. So needless to say: I like you....
(StephJ, Meghan, and Courtney...I know ya'll are rolling your eyes)
And your welcome for the shout-out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks for that shout out!! I know we all do that and are SO afraid of what they will say, do, and act. But when its all over we think...why didn't I just do or say it?! I am glad you said it in this post. This was a solid post btw :) xoxox
ReplyDelete