It started out as a very normal Saturday morning.
Dan and I have been *trying* to eat better and workout {fracturing my pelvis has left me with no muscle, so I'm working on gaining it back}. So we had a good breakfast, had some errands to run and then we were planning on going to the gym. Well there is a furniture place going out of business and I turned to Dan and told him we should go walk around and see if there is any good deals.
{Sidenote}
We have found our home for when we get married!!!
Dan is moving in this weekend--so some sort of furniture is a must.
We walk in and I spot the most beautiful sofa. We love it.
We walk around and see if anything else catches our eyes.
We then call Meghan and tell her to get dressed and come with us to their outlet down the street.
Lesson learned: Meghan, Dan, and I are NOT allowed to bee bop around together.
We don't spot anything at the outlet {except for our same sofa we love, but for more $$}, we then head on back to the furniture store and see if we can get some sort of deal.
We were quite successful. 4 hours later we make a purchase. Borrow my sister's inlaws truck and head to Draper {the location of my new home}.
This is where it turns into a complete zoo.
Our beautiful sofa does not fit into the basement apartment we are moving into:(
We tried for 3 hours.
The landlord is all sorts of insane and BUSTED through his dry wall---saying it was an EASY FIX!
I'm still completely shocked by this.
He just finished his basement by himself and it's beautiful---then we rent it out and boom there goes the drywall.
anyways....
we come to the point where we just know it won't fit.
I'm just depressed. It was our first sofa. It was exactly what I wanted.
Luckily we were able to exchange it for the love seat and a beautiful lamp {haha}.
I'll post pictures of it as soon as we get Dan moved in this weekend.
I will say that I'm so excited to have a sofa, a lamp, and a WASHER AND DRYER. The joys of being an adult {at least trying to be}.
I know this post of all kinds of words.
But I'm moving into the Smith home this weekend---I love them
Here is what I want nanalicous to teach me:
How to make slip covers for some throw pillows.
How to make strawberry freezer jam.
Is this possible nanalicous?!
Now this is hilarious. Just go to 6:25. Awesome/Hilarious.
Ps. WON www.sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com Giveawayyyy. Hollllaaaa.
Keepcalm.Carryon
OH my goodness. YOU ARE MOVING TO DRAPER! I LOVE DRAPER!!! I'm really sorry the sofa didn't fit. That is tragic. But hey! Yay love seat and lamp!!! Oh my goodness I just am so excited for you and Dan. Look at y'all all grown up now. Can't wait to see you in June!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to do projects~~~ can't wait till you are our roommate again! Love you....nanalicious!
ReplyDeleteLove the couch story from hell! those memories will last forever! And the girls... I cried from laughing so hard. Loved it!
ReplyDeleteDid you PIVOT?! Haha. That sucks about the couch, but at least you found a cute replacement! Congratulations on the apartment, girl. I'm so excited for you guys!!
ReplyDelete