Thursday, December 15, 2011

Star Struck

Today I met Nie Nie
I've been reading her blog for what feels like years.
She can make you laugh and cry in one post. She writes so beautifully and teaches you that there are so many beautiful things in life to be grateful for. Meeting her was an honor. 

And yes, I did act like a star struck freak. Not as much as Kelsey though. I think she turned into a mute for a moment or two. {love you}
It was just crazy. Dan & I decided to venture out and meet Kelsey for lunch in Provo.
We were about to leave. Dan helped me into the car and looked over and said "There's NieNie" 
{he said it a couple times} before Kelsey and I even noticed. We started freaking out immediately. No joke. I had to meet her. I had no choice. 
I.Am.A.Freak.
So...I crutched back into the restaurant and talked to her.
She is honestly just as nice as I pictured her to be.
She also has the cutest baby bump. ever.
She asked why I was on crutches and I could tell she had sympathy for me. 
She told me I would heal and that I "looked cute."

She made my day. My week. Quite possibly my year.  

I'm sorry. Are these two boys not adorable?
 Kingston's laugh can melt your heart. 
He laid in bed with me today and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
That show is crack for babies. No joke.

These pictures are from Thanksgiving. 
I stole them from {my favorite 2nd mom}.
I saw them on her blog and thought to myself "I could walk then."

How I wish I could walk. Do you know how long it takes to crutch anywhere?
F.o.r.e.v.e.r
And then you need a nap because you're exhausted.  


Speaking of NieNie and not being able to walk.
Listen to {this} song. It's pretty great.

Keepcalm.Carryon

10 comments:

  1. 1. you and your lover are SO FREAKIN CUTE.
    2.i am so glad you're okay. i can't even imagine that would have been so scary... i hope your recovery goes fast.. prayers coming your way girlie.
    3. i am not going to lie. i'm mega jealous Ashley Spivey tweeted you back. she was my FAVORITE. ever.
    4. You still need some frozen yogurt. :)
    5. im glad were friends.

    happy weekend!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore her. What an honor to meet someone so awesome! I would have peed my pants.
    Crutches suck. I was on them for a week in high school until I got so tired of them that I threw them into the trunk of my car and decided to hop everywhere. My doctor was PISSED.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! It's always great when people you look up to are as awesome in person as you thought they would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally! I can't wait till i am out to lunch with you and someone comes up and is star struck about you! I hope you have an amazing Christmas!
    Katie Morrell (hahhahahah)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read Nie Nie's blog... but I'm off to do just that after writing this comment!

    You know what would be amazing? If I was out and about, and I ran into you and Kelsey! Ah, maybe someday! After learning that we were "whops" twins, it was confirmed that you were one of the coolest bloggers. ever.

    By the way, that baby is super cute! "Crack for babies". Haha!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to meet her! she is incredible! I didn't even know she was expecting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babe, I know you love to use filters to enhance your photos. And they look great, but with that said- Please try not to make them so dark. I look like I fell asleep on the beach for about a week. I am really not that dark, I promise.
    Love, Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat! Nie Nie is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that my unmentionables are showing out of my shirt.
    It was a pleasure meeting you- thanks for the sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting!! I'd love to meet Nie Nie someday! She is such an inspiration!
    And you are too! I can't imagine everything you're going through right now, but I do KNOW that you'll heal and be good as new :)

    ReplyDelete