Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Confessions

Confession:
Wardrobe Wednesday has become Wardrobe Tuesday.
Just for this week though, promise.
What I'm wearing: Sweater: Target, Shirt: Gap, Jeans: Old Navy
Can I just speak for a second on Ruffles? I love them. Today I layered them. I loved it.
Two beyond Awesome things have happened this week.
One being, Taylor getting a rental car. We love rental cars. Her and Alex picked me up from school is the "White Bug" rental car. We cruised main street, got ourselves a horkleys, and just chatted. It felt like we were all roommates again. It was awesome.
The other being, yesterday. Yesterday was weird. I wasn't in the best of moods and I was seriously stressed out. This week is one of my most crucial weeks of the semester. If I get everything done that I need to, the rest will be smooth sailing, but needless to say I was stressed. I had the opportunity to go have a question and answer session with the President of the school I attend. I wasn't going to go, but I ended up just going. I asked him this question:
"With graduation approaching, not only am I excited, but also terrified. I'm scared to go into the real world and not having the comfort of everyone around me having the same values and standards. Do you have any advice to those of us who are graduating and making decisions that will affect our futures?"
The counsel I received from President Clarke has been the most amazing counsel I have received in my college career. His counsel touched not only my heart, but many others. I sat there with tears streaming down my face. Hear Melissa's verison here.
I won't be blogging the  rest of the week.
Like I said, my blog will be better in May.
Have a great week and remember:
"Don't let your fears counsel you."
Keepcalm.Carryon

2 comments:

  1. this was a really inspiring post. it made me smile to read about your afternoon in the "white bug". :) friendships and moments like that are worth holding on to.

    i couldn't agree with you more about graduation. i'm sad to be leaving my "bubble", but the real world is going to be awesome. i just know it!

    best of luck with everything!

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I graduated from BYU-I a couple years ago, and your blog just brought back so many happy memories:) I miss Horkley's :) p.s.Love your header design
    pics-o-andrea

    ReplyDelete