Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am Mormon.

& I am proud. 
But..
I can remember when I wasn't. 
I can remember when I knew something was wrong, but I was too scared to say something.
I can remember not holding myself up to the high standards that the church holds the youth to.
I can remember being embarrassed. 
I can remember not making the best decisions. 
I can remember being asked questions and not knowing the answer.
I can remember being confused.
I can remember everything that I had ever been taught being tested.
I can remember just not knowing.
But...
I can remember the day that I was so heartbroken and didn't know who could fully understand me. Who I could turn to that had felt all the emotions I had ever felt or was feeling. I remember praying and crying. Pouring my soul out to someone that I had once been confused about. At that moment I could feel my Heavenly Fathers love for me. 
He knew me. He knew everything I had felt. 
He knew every decision I had made. 
Every question I couldn't answer. 
He knew my confusion. 
But He needed me to know:
He loved me.
I can remember from that day I needed to change. (almost 5 years ago)
So I did.
Now.
I am proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I am proud to stand up for myself.
& the things I believe.
I am proud for changing.
I am happy.

Keepcalm.Carryon



1 comment: